ORLANDO — A guest is suing an Orlando hotel property, alleging negligence caused a lamp to explode.

Dean Clifton filed a complaint Nov. 15 in Orange County Circuit Court against Inaland American Lodging Orlando Downtown TRS LLC, doing business as Grand Bohemian Orlando Hotel, alleging the hotel property failed to provide a safe environment for its business invitees.

According to the complaint, on Sept. 30, 2015, Clifton was a guest at the defendant's Grand Bohemian Orlando Hotel. The suit says a lamp in his hotel room exploded in his hand while he was attempting to use it. As a result of the negligence of the defendant in allowing a defective appliance to remain in a guest room, the lawsuit states, Clifton suffered injuries, mental anguish, loss of earnings and aggravation of a previous asymptomatic condition. 

The plaintiff alleges the defendant failed to inspect and maintain the appliance, and failed to repair or fix the unsafe condition of the lamp.

Clifton seeks trial by jury, judgment in excess of $15,000, plus interest and court costs. He is represented by attorney Michael J. Vitoria of Morgan & Morgan Tampa PA in Tampa.

Orange County Circuit Court Case number 17-CA-010083

Want to get notified whenever we write about 9th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida - Orange County ?
Next time we write about 9th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida - Orange County, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

9th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida - Orange County

More News