Guest alleges Orlando hotel operators caused carbon monoxide poisoning

By Philip Gonzales | Jan 11, 2019

ORLANDO — A Georgia man is suing Orlando hotel operators, alleging negligence and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Zachary Williams filed a complaint Dec. 20 in Orange County Circuit Court against 7450 Augusta LP, Staybridge Suites, et al, alleging failure to maintain the hotel premises in a reasonably safe condition.

According to the complaint, on Jan. 18, 2015, Williams and his family members were guests at the defendants' Orlando Staybridge hotel when he began to feel sick, weakness in his legs, rapid heartbeat, drowsiness and dizziness. The suit says Williams became permanently disabled and unable to function normally due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The plaintiff alleges the defendants failed to prevent a carbon monoxide leak, failed to provide adequate ventilation for their hotel and failed to warn its patrons of dangerous conditions.

Williams seeks trial by jury, damages in excess of $15,000, exclusive of interest, court costs and attorney fees and all other proper and just relief. He is represented by attorneys Griffith J. Winthrop III of Alvarez, Winthrop, Thompson & Storey PA in Orlando, and by John K. Overchuck of Overchuck Law Firm in Orlando.

Orange County Circuit Court case number 18-CA-013857

Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?

Sign-up Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.

Organizations in this Story

7450 AUGUSTA, LP 9th Judicial Circuit Court of Florida Alvarez, Winthrop, Thompson & Storey, P.A.

More News

The Record Network