CLEARWATER — A New Hampshire guest is suing Indian Rocks Beach property owners, alleging negligence in the maintenance of a ceiling fan.
Sherrie F. Sartwell of Sunapee, New Hampshire, filed a complaint April 25 in Pinellas Circuit Court against The Seaside Property Shoppe LLC, William K. Erhard and Betty Jane ErhaIdt, alleging they failed to maintain its premises in a safe condition.
According to the complaint, on May 1, 2014, Sartwell was a guest in condominium unit No. 205 at the Seaside Property Shoppe in Indian Rock Beach that was owned by the Erhards. The suit says Sartwell sustained bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, scarring and disfigurement, mental anguish, medical and related expenses, and embarrassment, when the ceiling fan in one of the rooms of the defendants' rental unit collapsed and struck her on the head, face and shoulder.
The plaintiff alleges the defendants failed to properly inspect the condo for unreasonably dangerous condition, failed to warn Sartwell of foreseeable dangers on the condo premises and failed to properly install the defective ceiling fan.
Sartwell seeks trial by jury, damages of more than $15,000, plus cost of suit and all further relief the court deems proper. She is represented by attorney John A. Carlisle of Liles Gavin PA in Jacksonville.
Pinellas Circuit Court case number 18-CA-2603